LinuxSay - A Discussion Forum for Linux Enthusiasts

Is it possible to mount a /home directory on a partition having NTFS file system type

Morning friends

Am using both Windows and Linux on my machine but i would like to access partitions with Linux file systems types on my Windows, unfortunately this is hard to do though not impossible.
I would like to know if it is possible to mount the /home directory under the root directory on a partition that has NTFS or FAT32 file system type such that users can access their home directories from Windows.

Yes it is possible, you can mount linux partition on windows actually linux has built-in support for Windows NTFS partitions, but Windows can’t read Linux partitions without third-party software, so you have to install third-part software’s like Ext2Fsd actually it is an windows file system drive which support Ext2, Ext3…

But for accessing files from mounted linx partition to windows is not possible, If you want to work with a file in Windows, you have to save the file from your Linux partition to your Windows file system.

Thanks for the clear explanation…