Problem update centos 6.5 to centos 6.7

Hi guys, I have a problem in update centos 6.5 to 6.7. i have a centos 6.5 in virtual machine (ESX). when run yum update on my centos, it update to 6.8 release.
i don’t want my centos update to 6.8 release. i want update to 6.7 only. how can update centos 6.5 to centos 6.7 ?
please help me

if you own yum repository you can do it by creating repo with 6.7 iso , if your server refers to centos mirror then centos mirror will keep very latest only.

Yes, for that you have to download 6.7 iso image file and create local repository using 6.7 iso image file and start update.

Yes, for that you have to download 6.7 ISO image file and create local repository using 6.7 ISO image file and start update.

Its good to know first from where the OS is updating. you can check “# yum repolist” or “# yum repolist all”. If you are in any organization, check with them for the any internal repository location. You will get the various OS paths.

you can create or modify .repo file from /etc/yum.repo.d/ location.

I’m going to install the pre-upgrade tool and run it to show us any potential problems!

Hello, underzero
You have to download an CentOS 6.7 iso, and then you have to create repository from this iso, ok !
Before you do this, you have to make a snapshot or backup of your system, ok

1. Burn this iso on dvd
  2. Put the disk in to your dvd
  3. Mount this dvd in to your /mnt directory
  4. Creating repository from your /mnt/bla/bla directory
  5. run yum clean all
  6. run yum update -y
  7. run yum upgrade -y

Have fun =)

I am using this centos but i did not face any problem and my work is going very good.

Hm, it strange that you have such a problem. But I hope that you’ll be able to resolve it or have already resolved it!

I believe that this problem can be easily resolved if you will ask for help the service center.

I hope you find a solution to your problem. Maybe it’s in the hands to put CentOS 6.7.

1. Change to origin User
    Backup /etc diretory
    Backup significant logs /var/log
    Backup web server configs and websites
    Dump MySQL databases
    Dump PostgreSQL databases
    Backup everything you’ll need if something goes wrong
  2. Check list of bundles which are likely to be upgraded
  3. Update with yum upgrade
    Another way to perform upgrade is first wash all, next upgrade glibc, yum, rpm and python packages and then upgrade other packages such as after:
  4. Reboot
  5. Assess CentOS 6.7 (Closing) release information and Check Your Whole system
    Regards,
    Jessie Lape

It is probably worth trying in the beginning to upgrade to CentOS 6.6 and after already up to CentOS 6.7. Or maybe will help you in solving your problem. In any case, if you know what to do, tell us this

Its better to take snapshot of virtual machine Instead of taking backup of file at any time we can restore the vm using snapshot