Have you tried Raspberry Pi and for what project

Raspberry Pi is a very powerful “computer” and has been used for plenty of projects, at least from what I’ve seen online. Has anyone tried it? What projects? Can you share screenshots? How does it help you? I am looking to build something cool at home, but have no idea what yet :smiley:

Hi Martin,

I too am yet to start doing something useful with Rasberry Pi and or with Arduino R3. I have just been reading about what people are doing, so I guess I can understand the confusion given the wide number of applications.

Have you begun doing something yet or are you yet to start (like me)? Also, by cool, do you mean something fancy / complicated, or a simple on off switch-automation also passes as cool :). Here is a small DIY project that I found neat and simple https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/controlling-electrical-sockets-with-energenie-pi-mote/

Hope this gives you something to start with.

• Tej

I know I am pasting what has been done by someone else and not me, but why not start with small steps and then maybe let it evolve into something big.

Atleast that is what I am trying to achieve.

Will definitely share my screenshots once I have a working prototype.

Good Luck,
Tej

You are not pasting anything here execpt for the link to a DIY project. And in your post you made that clear to everyone.

I don’t see that as a problem, in fact that’s what we should do - share ideas and resources. You are not copying someone else’s work and presenting it as your own (plagiarism) nor you are pasting a whole aricle in the forum. You have just provided a useful link, and you don’t need to appologise for that.

Thank you very much for your kind words. I agree completely with the philosophy of sharing ideas and resources.

I have tried the RetroPi project, but it did not came out very good. If you are using full HD resolution, not all games start. Let me know once you have started your project. It would be nice to keep up.