Before you can roll back a Chromebook, the following conditions must be met in order to roll back a Chromebook!
- The device must NOT be enterprise managed
- The device’s channel must be anything but stable!
If either of these conditions are not met, you won’t be able to roll back your Chromebook!
When is rolling back a Chromebook helpful?
Rolling back a Chromebook comes in handy if…
Your Chromebook is experiencing bugs or glitches after updating
You aren’t happy with an update
What you need to know before rolling back a Chromebook
Before beginning rollback, you need to be aware of the following things
Warning: Your Chromebook will be wiped when performing a rollback! Be sure to back up any information you wish to save to an external storage space (such as a flash drive or SD card) before performing the wipe!
Rolling back the Chromebook
Now, there are 2 ways to roll back a Chromebook!
- Via crosh
- Keyboard shortcuts
To rollback via crosh
- Open crosh in a new window (CTRL+ALT+T)
- Type the command “Rollback”, then press enter
- You will receive a confirmation message, press “Y”, then enter to begin rollback!
- Your Chromebook will be wiped, then restored to the previous version with factory default settings
From there, just set up your Chromebook again!
To rollback via keyboard shortcuts
- Press CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+R
- Press CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+R again
- Select powerwash, then revert
- Follow on-screen instructions!
And from there, your Chromebook will be wiped, and restored to factory default settings!
And now you know how to roll back your Chromebook (just in case!)