What are the features Windows 10 borrows from Linux

Windows 10 will have a lot of similarity as those of Linux. Anybody here did a research on what are the features windows 10 will be borrowing from Linux?

1 Like

yes
Windows 10 copies more features from Linux.
i mentioned copied features in this ppt
Link https://www.dropbox.com/s/chsa4t9zao2cyoj/The%20power%20of%20Linux.pptx?dl=0

2 Likes

@Buvanesh_Kumar

Excellent PPT well done and good explanation and comparison on Linux and Windows…yes I can see the most of the Linux features are copied on Windows 10 to give a look and feel of Linux kind…

1 Like

@Buvanesh_Kumar

Very good. I would just say that there are Linux distros which use far less RAM than 512MB.

1 Like

one of your slide says “Windows 10 Inspired Linux”.should not this be “Linux Inspired Windows 10”. I am not sure if @Buvanesh_Kumar want to say something different i am not able to understand.

1 Like

oh :blush:
@Avi, i may be make grammar mistake. but not very well. any way am not an English expert :smiley:

@Buvanesh_Kumar

It could also be in passive voice “Windows 10 was inspired by Linux.” However, I think that only people can be inspired by someone/something, or their acts can be inspired by something. This is just my opinion. I would replace the whole sentence with something more appropriate like, “Linux inspired Windows developers…” or if you want to keep it in the passive voice then, “Windows developers were inspired by Linux.” However, this too isn’t very accurate because Linux can mean many things. And in essence, Linux is just a kernel. Maybe you were thinking about a concrete distro like Ubuntu?

1 Like

I agree! with @BrankoTesla

1 Like