Whether you’re a administrator or developer or writer, a good text editor is a must have for any Linux operating system. A good text editor is always great for managing code, noting down quick notes or just writing a script.
I see most people prefer a text editor that comes pre-installed with most Linux distributions such as gedit and Emacs, and they are good enough to complete their jobs, but other experience users need something powerful text editor for daily routine work such a coding, but still it’s all depend on individual needs…
I really wants to know which text editor everyone was using to get their jobs done? and why?. Let us know in the Poll and comments!
My all time favorite is vi/vim editors, because it is lightweight, fast, yet powerful.
- Atom - is a open-source text and source code editor
- Sublime - is a sophisticated text editor for codes
- vi/vim - is a powerful text editor
- Nano - is a simple text editor
- Emacs - is an extensible, customizable text editor
- Gedit - is a open source notepad kind of text editor
- Pico - is a full screen text editor for easy use